PEME are leading Asset Care Providers. We currently have a requirement for an Electrical Design Manager who will be based in our Head Office in Peterborough, travelling to Clients sites across the UK, when required.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record within an industrial design environment predominately, Food & Beverage. Knowledge of British and European regulations around machine safety is essential.
- Managing a team of 14 designers on various electrical & mechanical projects across different sites.
- Accountable for the on-going management of electrical and mechanical design and compliance.
- Ensuring designs adhere to the PUWER, DSEAR / ATEX, Life Safety, Electrical, Pressure Systems’ compliance to ensure best practice is applied in-line with statutory requirements and current regulations.
- Input in leading a positive safety culture through production of method statement and risk assessment reviews and proactive management.
- Developing and managing key customer stakeholder relationships, striving to deliver excellent customer service in everything you do.
- Providing engineering support.
- Confidence to the business strategy in a manner to raise the profile of the department and make it central to the operation.
- Attend weekly resource planning meetings.
- Attend the monthly department performance review meetings and reporting of job progress, resources and financial status to the respective Business Manager and Director.
- Undertaking reviews of department processes and procedures to ensure on-going compliance with a view to recommending / implementing continuous improvements and drive standards.
- Accountable for the line management and leadership of a team of systems specialists including, mentoring, development and support.
- Provide support, as required, to the Asset Care team to ensure projects are delivered and comprehensive handovers are completed safely, on-time and to the required standards.
- Carry out other tasks within your area of competence and capability as deemed necessary from time-to-time to meet the needs of the business.
The Ideal Candidate will be someone who can:
- Deliver results – Establishes clear, challenging goals and standards for their own team. Balances the pace of delivery with high standards of quality and service. Deals effectively with challenging schedules and deadlines.
- Put customers first – Understands the impact of their own and their team’s outputs on customers. Share latest developments and feedback from customers with the business.
- Be Commercially Focused – Seeks to understand the business requirement for solutions and how they will create value. Relates their own and team’s activities to the impact on business performance and results.
- Take the lead – Inspires people about business goals and the importance of their contribution.
- Approachable and available – Spends time with people and shares expertise.
- Gives balanced feedback – addresses performance issues and celebrates success regularly.
- Continuous improvement – Has a constant drive to improve and make things even better. Brings ideas from the front line to the attention of Senior Managers. Identifies and manages people’s concerns about or who are resistant to change.
If you have the drive and determination to succeed, we encourage you to apply. In return, PEME will provide a strong health and safety culture and for motivated employees, ample personal development opportunities.
Candidates must have a strong engineering background and hold an Electrical qualification (C&G / NVQ / HNC).
PEME is an equal opportunities employer
If you are interested in applying for a position with PEME, you can apply by clicking on the Apply On-line button on this page