PEME are leading Asset Care providers. We have an excellent opportunity for experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join our design team based at our Head Office in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. You will be completing mechanical designs for compliance and integrating old machinery to the new standards. From time to time you may be required to travel to Clients sites.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Mechanical design experience within an industrial environment
- You will need a good understanding of current European and British standards
- A good knowledge in designing mechanical guarding requirements around machinery, conveyors etc. is required.
- Experience of using AutoCAD, Inventor and Microsoft Office is required.
- You must hold a mechanical qualification (ie. City & Guilds, BTEC or HNC)
- Revise existing designs to upgrade existing machinery to new legislation
- Provide support to installation teams to ensure work is being undertaken to the design requirements
Working hours: 40 hours week (Monday – Friday)
A clean driving licence is essential.
If you have the drive and determination to succeed, we would urge you to apply. In turn, PEME will provide a strong health and safety culture and for motivated employees, ample personal development opportunities.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK will also be required.
PEME is an equal opportunities employer
If you are interested in applying for a position with PEME, you can apply by clicking on the Apply On-line button on this page