PEME has completed a significant Asset Care project on behalf of a major international packaging and print media company. The project started with PEME conducting a feasibility study, presenting the client with costed-options and resulted in the project being delivered with the client realising significant Productivity Improvement benefits.
The client is a major player in the global Print sector. They develop and manufacture an extensive range of conventional and specialist inks and pressroom chemicals including pigments and additives for use in inks and other applications.
PEME Completed the Following:
- Designed, manufactured and installed two fluid scales, with new ingredient delivery and
discharge pipework and pumps
- Relocated three storage tanks and stirrers from another UK factory and installed in the new plant
- Designed and installed new discharge pumping system complete with access platform and relocated the existing discharge weighing system
- Supplied and installed a new electrical controls panel
The Productivity Improvement Benefits to the Client were:
- Reduced finished ink discharge times from 20 minutes to 7 minutes
- Increased finished ink volumes
- Increased production
- Reduced capital cost due to relocation of existing assets as opposed to procurement of new
The PEME Project Manager was Steve Wiles who said “This was a fabulous project that enabled PEME to utilise its integrated Asset Care services to help the client in exploring available options and provide a holistic solution that delivered the predicted benefits.”