Three PEME electrical engineers (Lee Dale, Tom Beeton and Gavin Sinclair) have carried out a Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) awareness training course at our in-house training workshop, in Peterborough.
The PEME in-house PLC subject-matter-expert, Clive Wardle, mentored the delegates through the module which provided basic PLC awareness, covering:
- How to connect and communicate with the PLC.
- Familiarisation with the programming software.
- Configuration of the PLC and rack
- How to create and load programs.
- How to edit or modify programs online.
- How to use and interrogate data tables and how to force I/O.
The picture shows Clive Wardle with Tom Beeton using the PLC training panel in the PEME training facility. Clive is the PEME Software Manager.